Monday, September 9, 2013

The Reviews Are In!

We've gotten some pretty high praise this weekend for Secrets of Our Prison House!



Christopher Soden of examiner.com says:

"There are numerous ways to describe Secrets of My Prison House. Perhaps it’s a twisted blend of Beckett, Durang and Carson McCullers. Maybe it’s a sly poke at the vacuous wasteland of populist entertainment. It could be a random, whimsical allegory on the nature of religious zealotry and genuine spiritual striving. Whatever might be lurking in Prison House’s subtext, the salient, preposterous spectacle before you will tickle and elate you, and who knows, maybe even distract from the prevailing chaos raging outside the theater space."
(link)



The Margo Jones Theatre says:

"Grace Keller Scotch played the Buddha in Ben Schroth's play. An enlightened performance!"
(link)


And meanwhile, the DFW Theater Critics Forum is still in love with On The Eve (which I was the Assistant Stage Manager for), with seven awards going to our playwrights, director, and individual actors as well as the ensemble!
(link to full article)



Secrets of Our Prison House closes this Saturday night, the 14th. Hope to see you there!


I have something pretty big lined up for this winter, but I can't say anything yet because I am still working out some details. All I can tell you is I'll be behind the scenes, and that I am very excited about it. In the meantime, I plan on going to as many auditions as possible and finally catching up on my writing! Maybe I'll even have time to get a little painting in...we'll see.


No comments:

Post a Comment