- Meisner class has concluded.
Our last two classes were our first time to work with text, which was interesting. I wish I could have spent more time selecting and working on my monologue before our final class day, but I plan on enrolling in the intermediate class in the fall which is going to have a much bigger focus on working with text. I think it will be extremely useful. Even though the last couple class days didn't go as well as I had hoped, I recently started working on a new monologue and I have noticed a big difference in how I approach a new text. I'm not entirely using the Meisner approach, but I am drawing on what we talked about in class. I used to get extremely set in a pattern of speech and intonation and physicality when I memorized monologues, and I feel more capable of being flexible and trying new things without getting lost.
- Rehearsals for Churchmouse Production's The Watch at the Festival of Independent Theatres.
This weekend, The Watch (which I am stage managing) opened at the Bathhouse for FIT. No reviews yet, but the audiences have been responding very positively and I'm really proud of our actors. This was a tough script to memorize, and we had a weird rehearsal schedule, but they powered through and met outside of rehearsal and got that shit down. It's been a ton of fun and I've been working with some of my favorite people, and Jordan Willis has been doing a great job in his directorial debut! I've produced for FIT before, and stage managed for Churchmouse at the Bathhouse before, but this is my first time working backstage for FIT and it has been really great. I hope to be back next summer!
- Fundraiser for Matt Tomlanovich
It's been nonstop action! On top of finishing up classes, working full-time, and stage managing, I've signed on to stage manage an upcoming fundraiser for my friend Matt Tomlanovich. It will be August 20, 21, and 22nd at the Margo Jones theater, and I will be reading an original short story as well as stage managing! If you would like to learn more, or help us help our friend Matt, check out our GoFundMe page, Helping Hands for Matt! It's going to be a really fun show for a great cause that is close to many hearts in the Dallas community and others.
-UPCOMING
- I am pleased to announce that I have been cast in Pocket Sandwich Theatre's production of Sherlock Holmes on Ice, a play written by no other than my buddy Ben Schroth. It's a small part, but I'm very excited to be a part of the production. I had a lot of prior conflicts, so it's nice that I can still be a part of the show without throwing it off by having to miss several rehearsals. The script is HILARIOUS, and this will be my Pocket Sandwich debut!
- As mentioned above, you can also see me perform a reading of an original piece at our fundraiser Helping Hands for Matt. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
No comments:
Post a Comment