Sunday, November 9, 2014

Hallo meine Lieben! Here is the latest:

- Two more weeks of Intermediate Meisner! I LOVE the scene I'm working on right now, it's from Agnes of God and it's really fun. It's nice to end on a fun note, especially since this class has been so challenging for me.

- I only have one more application to send in, which I'm waiting to mail until Tuesday so that I can get delivery confirmation at the post office. Application paperwork has been on somewhat of a hiatus for the past few weeks because I was waiting for recommendation letters to be sent (I'm mailing them in sealed envelopes as part of my packet) and obsessing over writing the perfect personal statement for each program.

- I met with Greg to work on monologues a few weeks ago, and it was FANTASTIC. We worked for an hour on two pieces, and doing that close detail work with a director/coach was invigorating and made me feel really good about my pieces. I'm so grateful that he is able to help me out. We did determine that I need to find at least one new monologue, so now I'm on the hunt for the perfect contemporary 2-minute monologue. Maybe more. I'm feeling good about the others, I just need to keep running them as much as possible.

- I told myself I wouldn't take on any new projects until grad auditions are over, but...it's just so hard to turn things down. It's hard, you guys. There is so much cool stuff going on. I'm doing social media for Nouveau 47's Christmas show now, and THAT'S IT. Well, that and the high school student I'm mentoring has her show coming up and I'm basically acting as producer. But THAT'S IT. Maybe. I turned down an opportunity to participate in a solo performance workshop festival, and it would have been soooooooo neat to be a part of, but I'm proud of myself for allowing myself to say no. There will be other opportunities.

That's all for now!

Gracee

No comments:

Post a Comment