Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Penixes, Patreon, and Eggs

NEWS

I am very happy to announce that next fall, I will be attending the Savannah College of Art and Design for an MFA in Performing Arts. At SCAD, I hope to refine my stage acting, learn more about voice and film work, become a Certified Actor Combatant, and more. Although I have traveled extensively through the United States (as well as to Canada, Italy, and Austria), I've never lived outside of DFW for more than a month before, and I'm sure that it will be a wonderful experience for me beyond my education.

In order to help finance this creative journey, I have created a Patreon account . Sign up as a patron, and you will essentially be subscribing to receive MP3s of short stories written and narrated by me at a price that you choose. I plan to post 2 or 3 files a month. The first story I have posted is Rabbit Stew, a story I wrote and performed for Helping Hands and Hyena Haikus: A Benefit for Matt Tomlanovich.


UPCOMING SHOWS

Don't miss the limited return of John Michael and the Order of the Penix to Dallas stages, this Saturday and Sunday only! This original solo performance was originally developed two years ago, in the spring of 2013, by John Michael, Matt Tomlanovich, and myself at the Margo Jones Theater in Dallas. It was the brainchild of John Michael, with Matt directing and me stage managing/co-directing. The three of us produced and designed it together, and Emilee Kyle designed our lobby setup. Matt and John Michael brought it to the New Orleans Fringe Festival that fall. This iteration is directed by me. In honor of our dear friend Matt and his invaluable contributions to this show, we have cited him as post-humous co-director. "The Penix" has continued to grow and change over the years, and I am so proud of what we have accomplished together.

In addition to directing John Michael's Penix, I will be stage managing Ochre House Theater's upcoming show The Egg Salesman, a show written and directed by Matthew Posey. It will be my first time working with Ochre House, and I have heard nothing but good things about the work they do there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment