Thursday, September 24, 2015
Week 2 at SCAD
I can't believe it's only been two weeks since classes started at SCAD. I have learned so much about my body and how it works and where I have hangups that I need to work through, it's incredible. I love my professors, I love my classmates, and I love that all of my classes have an element of training us to be better ensemble members as well as better performers. I think I made the right choice coming here. :) There is an incredible wealth of opportunities to perform and collaborate. Just in the past two weeks, I performed in a 24-hour play festival and auditioned for two plays, an improv troupe, and a student animated film. Tomorrow I have an audition to be a moderator at the Savannah Film Festival, and on Monday I have an audition for a student-made bumper film for the festival. This morning I posed for reference photos for a superhero comic my roommate is making for class. I get to do scenes and improv games twice a week in class, and I'm learning how to stage fight and how to get my body into proper alignment. It feels really good to be constantly creating and working towards being a better performer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment