Saturday, May 10, 2014

Meisner and Music

It's five and a half weeks into Meisner class, and all I can say is "Whoa." Every time anyone repeats anything I want to fall into repetition. This class is a challenge for me, and I'm glad because that means it's making me a better actor. I'm thinking about things differently and I'm slowly beginning to take in and respond to the world differently. I'm very grateful for my partner Briana Looby, who has offered to put in extra time with me to help me out of a mental block with the exercise. For a long time now I've been used to a mindset of trying to control my emotions, and it's more difficult than I ever expected to let go of that and simply allow them to happen freely within imagined circumstances. I'm impatient and excited to get over this block; I feel that it will change my life as well as my acting.

In other news, I want to share this dance video that I made a while back, just for fun. I do not own this music; it is one of my favorite songs by The Dead Weather, and I hope that listening to it will inspire you to seek out more of their work. The dance is all improvised, although it is reminiscent of the belly dancing which is featured in their music video for this song. Dancing is one of my favorite activities; I need to do it more often. I've never pursued it professionally, it's just an activity I enjoy and I'm lucky to have been in shows and classes that gave me the opportunity to learn and perform dance.


Coming up, I'm very excited to be stage managing for Churchmouse Productions again this summer, this time for the Festival of Independent Theaters! More on that to come. I am also looking forward to being a small part of the beautiful Home By Hovercraft's newest top-secret project...more on that to come as well. Spring has sprung, y'all! Wish me luck on my audition for Undermain tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment