Yesterday was the first time I was really able to let myself go in class and just respond without thinking about it. It wasn't perfect and I still have work to do, but it was a breakthrough for me and it felt AMAZING. It occurred to me that I have felt this way in performance before, but at that time it was more that I was aware of my surroundings than reacting to my surroundings. This technique is so simple, so very simple, but so challenging. And I know that it will be easy to lose the habit if I don't check in with myself regularly. I need a lot more practice, but I've tasted possibility and I am so ready for more and more and more. To accomplish this.
I felt really good about my Undermain audition. I really hope that I get in, but even if I don't I'm glad that it was a performance I could feel confidant about. It wasn't perfect, but it reminded me why I love performing so much and it gave me back a hunger that I didn't realize had left. That's important. I want to be onstage feeling those emotions and giving and taking and playing again. It was incredibly pleasurable, and I wanted to go back and do the scene again just for another taste and a more definitive experience of the moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment