All of a sudden I have five million awesome things happening! I'm really happy and excited, but I am going to have to be insanely organized to stay on top of things and still have time to do things like fold laundry and see my friends and family...
I've got rehearsals for Plaza Suite, Intermediate Meisner class (including meeting people outside of class to work), graduate school applications (including meeting with people to work on my audition materials), this whole web series thing, and a part time job. Plus, I just got called back for this hilarious musical at ICT. And doctor appointments. And helping out at the downtown TVAA gallery, where I can spend the day working on my own stuff but the wifi in the building is crap.
I feel very blessed that I have so many good things happening right now, but I'm a little worried about juggling it all. Whenever I have too much free time, I end up going overboard trying to fill it with creative projects.
It probably doesn't help that right now I'm tired from working all day, then meeting up with my partner for Meisner class, then going to an audition on the other side of town from where I live and driving half an hour to get home. I bet things will seem a lot more manageable in the morning.
On the bright side, I've made progress! This is what I accomplished last week:
Monday- worked in the morning, hung out with my mom and her friend, worked on my monologues, went to a meeting for Actors for Wendy Davis, and had dinner with my mom.
Tuesday- worked all day, started filling out online applications, and asked a professor to write me a recommendation letter (she said yes!)
Wednesday- Met with Jim Crawford to talk about SMU's MFA program, went to Meisner class, bought groceries, made homemade bread.
Thursday- Sat at TVAA, wrote some emails, worked on my monologues, read, and watched a TON of internet videos.
Friday- Worked all day, went to my weekly game night
Saturday- Did laundry, went to yoga class, read through my story for the first episode of DRC, bottled a batch of IPA I made like a month ago, and volunteered at WaterTower Theater's fundraiser (where I got to meet and reconnect with lots of really cool people!).
Sunday- Contacted acting mentors about coaching, checked in with my mentee (seriously, is that a real word?, went to the grocery store AGAIN, met with some classmates for repetition, made soup, wrote out a shot list for DRC, and watched Trailer Park Boys with my boyfriend.
This coming week, my goals are:
Film first episode of DRC
Kick ass in Meisner class
Write first drafts of personal statements
Find another monologue (and work all three)
Email third recommendation letter writer
Schedule grad auditions
Go see my bestie in Sherlock Holmes on Ice
Work out a little every day, go to yoga at least once, rock climb at least once
Edit and post DRC
Dr. Who niiiiiight
Date niiiiiiight
I have 20 weeks until URTA auditions, almost 17 weeks until my SMU auditon, 16 weeks until applications are due, nine weeks until my anniversary, almost seven weeks until Halloween, and two weeks until Plaza Suite opens.
No comments:
Post a Comment