Thursday, December 4, 2014

When I grow up...

Felicia Day is my number one role model. She is a successful actress, writer, and producer. She works on, writes for, and produces projects that represent her interests, and her characters are always interesting, three-dimensional characters who are flawed and relateable. She is smart, capable, funny, and adorable all at once; women do not have to be "cute" to be likeable, but it is definitely a trait which she personally has that I love. She is cute without compromising her authority or her intelligence, which is incredibly difficult to pull off. I think it is amazing that she plays geeky, interesting women, that she writes great nerdy characters who are three-dimensional, and that she is able to produce high-quality and diverse content while still maintaining her acting career. She has surrounded herself with interesting talented people, and I love that a lot of her projects seem to have started with her getting her friends together to make something cool. That's usually what makes low-budget/small-scale projects work- when everyone involved is excited to be there, excited to work together, and passionate about getting the content out there regardless of compensation. If I ever become famous, I want to be that level of famous- well-known among my niche market and able to work on lots of interesting projects, but not famous enough to be stalked by paparazzi or talked about on celebrity gossip media (ugh).

No comments:

Post a Comment